Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Pancakes

Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Pancakes
These are BY FAR the best pancakes I ever made! Maybe I have a thing for lemon and poppy seed, but WOW. They lasted about 30 seconds on my plate.. and I practically shed a tear after I took my last bite. :-P

These are healthy, filling and a perfect summer breakfast!











Ingredients:
1 cup spelt flour*
1 T stevia
1tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Zest of one lemon + squirt of lemon juice
1 extra large egg
4 oz plain non-fat greek yogurt
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ - ½ cup water
½ cup blueberries

Mix all dry ingredients together first, then mix wet and then combine. Add water as needed to thin out the batter to your liking. Fold in blueberries. Cook on griddle and chow down!! I topped mine with a few blueberries and sugar free maple syrup. These are amazing!

Makes 2 servings
Macros: per serving – 369 cals, 31g carbs, 8g fat, 19g protein and 10g fiber


*You could sub oat flour if you don't have spelt flour. Brown rice flour or whole wheat would work as well! :) 

ENJOY!!! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment