Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Protein Pancakes


It's not quite fall yet, but I've put summer behind me. I love autumn.. and with the fall season, comes my #1 food love... PUMPKIN! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin coffee... I just can't get enough of it. So, you can be pretty sure that you'll see more recipes that include my obsession. ;-)

And I am sure by now, you can see that I am a pancake lover as well! :-D

These pancakes are fluffy, moist and taste just like pumpkin pie. Also, what is great about this recipe, is that it can be easily adjusted to make it low carb. :-)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1/4 cup oat bran or oat flour (omit this if you want the low carb version)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp stevia
1/8 tsp baking powder

Directions:

Mix all ingredients well with a mixer or by hand. Cook these pancakes on a lower temperature than normal, as they tend to stick if the pan is too hot.



I served mine with a dallop of greek yogurt and cinnamon on top and a little agave syrup! So delicious!!

Makes one serving.

Nutritional Information:
320 calories, 32g carbs, 6g fat, 37g protein

low carb version:
207 calories, 12g carbs, 4g fat, 32g protein

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment