Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cinnamon Egg Muffins

A little strange.. but surprisingly delicious! I needed to make a low-carb breakfast that I could pack in my gym bag for after my morning cardio session ...these were perfect! I actually ate them cold and thought they were wonderful. Think french toast in egg muffin form. :-)

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2tsp cinnamon
2T unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2tsp truvia
1T almond meal

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. Whisk all ingredients together and pour into muffin tin. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done! :-)

Makes about 4 muffins. (1 serving)

Nutritional Facts:
247 calories, 6g carbs, 14g fat, 28g protein

ENJOY! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well egg muffins are my favorite,i made these muffins last night and that was so delicious.Its very easy and tasty. I added some chinese sausage i had on hand along with a whole mess of different veggies including mushrooms and a handful of butter cheese.
    Health club redwood city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome!!! I am glad you like them! Those additional items you added sound like they would taste fabulous in these! :-)

      Delete